Thursday, June 23, 2011

The MC Blogfest!!

I haven’t entered a blogfest for a while because they are so time consuming, but this one looked too fun to pass up! Also, there’s another irresistible one coming up in July, which is actually a four-part fest, one each week for four weeks! It’s all about literary agents, and I’m tweeting the details, so hop on over to Twitter to get the goods.

Back to this blogfest – it is hosted by Elizabeth Mueller, based on an exercise by The Character Therapist, Jeannie Campbell. Basically, you answer these three questions from your MC’s point of view: What is your greatest fear? What is your biggest accomplishment? What is your biggest regret? So fun! My main character is Evangeline Westvale, of my urban fantasy novel Countless. Here goes:

Question 1: What is your greatest fear?

My greatest fear is losing control. I’m totally type-A. Since I joined Prince and Barton Marketing right out of Harvard a couple years ago, I’ve been on a fast track up the corporate ladder. As long as I’ve got a handle on things, nothing can really stop me.

Of course, that was before I discovered I’m being stalked by an immortal sorcerer who wants me dead. That’s changed things a bit. I started having crazy dreams about long ago times and magic. And I’ve begun to break things when I get scared or upset. Then I kissed a shapeshifter, which was really awesome and the best kiss of my life. Except I’m engaged to someone else. So, I’ve pretty much lost control of everything. But it’s not as bad as I thought – because my biggest fear now is losing my soul to the one who hunts me.

Question 2: What is your biggest accomplishment?

Well, landing my job and getting promoted several times since then would have been my answer a week ago. But now I rank defensive spells and busting Ambrose out of the rival shapeshifters’ underground lair at the top of the list. Those weretigers are a bitch.

Question 3: What is your biggest regret?

Breaking my fiancée’s heart is something that will haunt me forever. He’s a good guy. But if I stayed with him, I’d just be dragging him into the line of fire. He already nearly died when Ulric possessed him to try to get to me. We live in different worlds now. He’s a Manhattan attorney, and I’m a witch who’s lived countless lives. It just wouldn’t work out.



That's it! Pop on over to Elizabeth's blog to read the other entries!!

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting character. Should be an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing control and losing your soul... yeah, those are good things to be afraid of I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. She sounds like she's got a lot of things to work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I read about Countless, the more I can't wait to read the full! You do an outstanding job of answering the three questions, and the answers definitely show you have a clear understanding of the important facets of your main character.

    And thank you, Alexia, for the Gearin' Up to Get an Agent blogfest details; I've retweeted your Tweet and am looking forward to participating.

    Wishing you a great writing day!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a Manhattan attorney and she's a witch...I see those worlds intersecting. ;) Loved your character's voice. The regret range true.
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool concept! And that poor fiance. I hope he won't be in too much danger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool. A witch who's lived multiple lives, huh? I'm intrigued. Great intro to your character. Thanks :)

    Rosie
    East for Green Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  8. *shiver* Everything would change for me too if I was being hunted by an immortal sorcerer. Ack!

    Thank you for participating!

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great voice! I will check it out now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun blogfest! And MC sure sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the job and keep control. Maybe one day you and your fiance's worlds won't seem so far apart.

    Thanks for the visit!

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2011/06/meet-knob.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Evangeline.
    So you're a lawyer/witch? Kewl.
    So if you can't defeat the shapeshifter, you can sue him. Those are mad skillz.
    I'm also thinking this would be a great twist on all those lawyer shows on TV right now. You have your day clients, then there's the "night" clients...
    One pays with cash, the others will blood.
    Great premise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Those weretigers are a bitch," made me want to read your story! Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this character! I wonder what such a strong woman can do now that she's discovered who she really is :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the voice of your character. At first she sounded timid, but (as others have mentioned), the phrase, "Those weretigers are a bitch," really made her pop to me! I felt like I saw her changing through your answers, from what she was like at the start of the book to how she felt by the end. Let me know when this is out :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting. Sounds like her world changes drastically in the course of the book, but she's taking it in stride. Great "culture clash"!

    ReplyDelete
  17. An immortal sorcerer who wants you dead! Cool. LOL Love the kiss of the shapeshifter too. Sounds like a fun character and novel! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great answers. I would love to read this!
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alexia..your MC sounds like an interesting character.

    ReplyDelete

I love talking with friends new and old! What's on your mind?