Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Meme: When I'm a Famous Author...

Happy Monday, writer friends! One of the things I can't wait to have (and will hopefully have even before I'm a rich and famous author) is my very own library. Being a book lover, I want to have a beautiful space that sings praise to the loveliness that is books. Somewhere I can sit and drink tea, surrounded by fantastic writing while creating my own books to sit on the shelves.

So, I started Googling pics of libaries, and came across a rather addicting website called aptly http://www.beautiful-libraries.com/. I found all the pics below on this website, and if you have some time you'll want to stop by because it's super fun (celebrity libraries, libraries in movies, etc).

It was really hard to choose my fave pics, but here are a few:

**Photos removed since peeps have been getting sued for posting photos on blogs**

Classic design, big bay window, antique globes.... yes, yes and yes!

**Ditto**

On the opposite end of things; modern, fresh flowers, awesome green curtain and ladder. Love it!

**Ditto**

Okay, this pic was just too cute not to include. Rainbow colored books? Pug? For sure.

**Ditto**

And this was just too cool. Shelves over the windows... and what library is complete with a second story?

So, what would your dream library look like? Any cool must-have artifacts or special editions inside?

18 comments:

  1. Wow, i have always dreamed of having a Library too. I must admit that library No2 is a favourite because it is so homely but the last one...OH MY!!! I would die to have that as part of my home..I am a new follower, looking forward to reading more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you on Stumbleupon this weekend because I swear I saw these wonderful rooms!!! I love it there, all the bookshelves and houses with quite the divine take on a library was AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've found me another addicting website--thanks for that! I love the first two libraries especially. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must have a very comfortable sofa, a small icebox for cool drinks, perhaps a coffee maker, a desk and lots and lots of books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I love that rainbow library!! I always like the ones with stairs and little upstairs cubby holes and spaces too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rainbow one is right up my alley! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I (he's former Army) have moved five times in 15 years, and by far the largest percentage of the box contents are--you guessed it--books. We have more than 60 liner feet of them, so I'm with you, Alexia, that having a beautiful room for them to live in makes for a wonderfully inspirational reason to keep on writing until we're famous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be awesome to have your own library! My favorites were the elegant first one, and the floor-to-ceiling shelves with the green curtain. I'd definitely want my own library to be where others can see it and enjoy the books too when they come over! And I'm with Carol, I like the idea of little upstairs cubby holes and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I love the more "antique" looking libraries a la Disney's "Beauty and the Beast."

    ReplyDelete
  10. A library is a dream of mine, too! I'd have floor-to-ceiling book shelves, overstuffed chairs, big windows with a great view. I love the fresh flowers. This is a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How much do I love that library with the green curtains and white sofa? DREAMY.

    Someday... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, pretties. I love libraries. For mine, I definitely need a library with one of those fancy rolling ladders. And something climate controlled for my old books. And of course, lots and lots of rich wood. Mahogany maybe. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Alexia..I too would love to have my own huge library someday, where I can disappear for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the green curtained one with the comfy couch would do just nicely, as long as I could cut out the pug from the other and put him in it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hm... I'm not a fan of clutter, so I love having all the books filed neatly away on my little Kindle! I'm no fun, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pictures are sooo cool! I love the first one - my dream library will definitely be old fashioned and a fireplace is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, books arranged by color? Yes. It would totally match my closet. Not really a rainbow-array of colors out there, though. But, I can dream.

    ReplyDelete

I love talking with friends new and old! What's on your mind?