Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Meme: When I'm a Famous Author

So, I've been working on the October issue of Raven Moon, and I'm doing a feature on Laurell K. Hamilton this month. And you know what she has for sale on her website, cuz she's such a famous author? T-shirts and coffee mugs and stuff. You can even purchase a fan club membership for the year. Like, you actually have to pay for the membership.

I'd love to have the usual pics for this post, but it's getting really late and I couldn't quite figure out how to create pics of my super awesome Alexia Chamberlynn t-shirts, mugs, keychains, henna tattoos and fuzzy throws for snuggling on the couch. Or maybe they'd say A.A. Chamberlynn, because that has a writery ring, don't you think?

What else would be in my line of merchandise??? Bookmarks, action figures, Kindle covers, coozies (is that spelled with a k?), posters, pill boxes, those stretchy bracelet things they make for everything?

How about you? What will be in your line of famous author merchandise?

Happy Monday!!

13 comments:

  1. Ninja action figures! I like the sound of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Action figures would be first, and a tabletop wargame based on my books. Trading cards would also be awesome, and a country named after me (it counts as merchandise for the super rich :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I've never thought about author merchandise! It'd be pretty neat to have bookmarks with my name on them, though. And maybe a Snuggie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kindle covers! Now that is an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh yes, you know you're famous when you've got MERCHANDISING.

    I'd love to come up with some really cool tagline and then see it everywhere. Like Charlie Sheen's WINNING, only not that (because he went a little nutso there). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Action figure, board games, cards, book covers and book marks. Quite a bit, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. People pay to be in her fan club??? Wow, I guess you know you're popular when people do that. I like the idea of my own board game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe a heart-shaped locket, like my MC Josepha wears? Or items featuring the coded-quilt design my other MC, Reeca, makes to help guide slaves on the Underground Railroad? What a great question, Alexia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. (heh-heh, sorry for the deleted comment)

    Action figures--what a cool idea! And definitely posters and bookmarks. :) I can't imagine paying to be in a fan club. People don't even do that for JK Rowling/Harry Potter, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I've never given it much thought... but I can definitely see bookmarks and mugs. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bottles of wine?

    Wow, people pay to be her fan? I'd be paying people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely action figures, and ideally a replica sword or two :)

    ReplyDelete

I love talking with friends new and old! What's on your mind?