Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I'm Repped!!!!

I am ecstatic to announce that I'm now represented by Sandy Lu of the L. Perkins Agency in New York!!!

It's pretty surreal to be writing that sentence. I've imagined how this post would look for a VERY long time. Five years of serious writing (not counting my teen years), four complete novels and many partials, and countless agent queries have led to this moment.

This song, which I adore, came on a few minutes after Sandy and I spoke and pretty much sums up how I was feeling:




Side note: Awesome music video. Looks like Billy Idol predicted the whole zombie craze :)

So, Sandy will be looking for a publisher for my fourth novel, Huntress Found, a new adult contemporary fantasy about a descendant of Artemis who can hunt through time and space. I LOVE this story and the characters, and I'm so glad I found someone to champion it.

This does mean that I need to delay my release of Martinis with the Devil, my second novel, which I was planning to self-pub in October. More details on that to come!

A HUGE thank you to all my writer friends for supporting me on the journey thus far. And this is just the beginning of a new journey! As The Doctor would say:

Geronimo!!

16 comments:

  1. Massive congratulations, Alexia. I wish you a prompt sale to a publisher!! Great news. I am doing the Snoopy Dance for you, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited for you, Alexia!!!! Well earned. And the new book sounds amazing - can't wait to see it on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic news and I'm sure your book will find the perfect home. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A huge congratulations to you!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending so much congratulations your way - that's excellent news!! Best of luck in the next step and looking forward to keeping up to date with it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG how awesome! It's funny how we post things like this in a normal blog post. It seems like the Internet should explode into fireworks with the news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A huge congrats! That's so exciting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Massive congrats.. that is so amazing. I'm really excited for you:) Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge congrats. That's wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo!!!! Huge congrats on your great news!!! You've worked hard and deserve this - wishing you much success!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo!! Huge congrats on the great news!! You have been working hard for a long time and you deserve this. Wishing you much success!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by, Alexia. And again many congrats. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

I love talking with friends new and old! What's on your mind?