Thursday, August 20, 2015

LOTS of news!

Hello! I kept trying to think of a good blog post title, but really there's SO much fun stuff going on, I couldn't narrow it down.


First, it's been two weeks since Black Magic & Mojitos came out. That's two weeks since I became a published author for the first time. Two weeks since I put my art out into the world to see what the world thought of it. Two weeks of AMAZING support from my writer friends (YOU!). It's still quite surreal. I'm not breaking any sales records, but about 60 people bought it or downloaded it for free when I ran my promo last weekend on Amazon. That's 60 people that have my book in their hot little hands (well, e-reader to be specific). And some of those read it already and loved it. And random people I don't know on Goodreads have read it and rated it. It's so fun talking to people about it, or reading their reviews! No bad reviews yet, though I know those will come (it's an inevitable badge of honor as a writer). On my Amazon royalty report I can see that in addition to the US, some readers in the UK, Australia and Germany have purchased it. Can't wait for more international readers to pop on there :)


In short, it's just SO WONDERFUL to finally be sharing my writing. Love it.


Other news! On the 31st I'm going to reveal the cover for Martinis with the Devil, the first full length Zyan Star novel, and it'll be up on Amazon for pre-order! Release date for Martinis is October 13th. If you'd like an ARC, which will be ready within the first couple weeks of September after I finish formatting, let me know and I'll put you on the list. You guys are going to LOVE the cover. It's so pretty. The inside's not bad either ;)


More news! I will be attending Dragon Con in Atlanta for the first time!! So stoked. I've been wanting to go for years, and it's finally happening. I got some glossy postcards to hand out for my books, and I also got t-shirts made for me and my sister to wear with my book covers. It'll be a blast!


How goes it in your world? Going to Dragon Con by chance? TTFN!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great release! I was excited to see your book out and I look forward to checking it out. Dragon Con sounds like a lot of fun, well, anything with dragons would be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEE! I'm so thrilled for you! You're kicking butt and taking names. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news! I'm glad the launch went well. Best of luck with the new release. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's awesome! Not to be overlooked is the business success, in addition to your writing success. Amazon promotions and postcards and T-shirts and Royalty Reports...very, very cool. Writing, for writers, is often the easy part. The business side is often the more difficult for us. So congratulations all the way around. Well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all your good news and have a great time at Dragon Con! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so amazing... Love the feeling of launching a new book. Well deserved after all the hard work, hey. Congrats on the sales and I'm sure it will only get better. Yes, I'd love to read the full novel:) Have fun at the Dragon Con... no idea what that is, but if dragons are involved, it has to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your book and I can't wait for the next one. Have fun at Dragon Con. I've always wanted to go, but it's expensive and I live much closer to Gen Con. Dragon Con has all the best people in costumes, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, I'm looking forward to seeing the cover for Martinis with the Devil! Have fun in Dragon Con! I've always wanted to go and Atlanta isn't too terribly far from where I live (6-8 hours drive), but I've been trying to be good about writing/author expenses this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is lots of great news! Congrats, Alexia. Have fun at Dragon Con!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the titles of your books. You have a way with titles!!! They just make me want to read.

    ReplyDelete

I love talking with friends new and old! What's on your mind?