Monday, September 28, 2015

Fun Stuff Happening!!

Hello, writer friends! I've been thinking a lot lately of what direction I want to take this blog; fun things to spice it up, new adventures to embark on. After my mulling and marinating on what kinds of things I could do, I've landed on two:

1) A monthly pay-it-forward sort of post, where I help people with query letters or things like that. Weirdly, I love editing query letters. I know. Totally masochistic. Anyway, that one will occur on the first Friday of each month. Meaning the first one will be this Friday!

2) A monthly blog hop featuring something literary and something of a foodie nature. A delicious conglomeration of the literary and the luscious that I have dubbed the Taste of Magic blog hop. For instance, you could post an excerpt from your WIP and a recipe for a kickass martini. Or, a favorite poem and a chocolate mousse cake recipe that will knock my socks off. A combination of two of my favorite things! This one will be the third Friday of each month. To sign up, go here.

Are you in for the fun?? Just say YES!

The pay-it-forward will vary, so keep tuned on Twitter for that, though I think mostly I'll do query help. Taste of Magic has a page on my blog with a linky list for sign ups. I'm asking for email so I can send people a reminder a couple days before the date. Of course, if you're busy, no sweat.

So, who's in? And either way, whatcha been up to lately? TTFN!


9 comments:

  1. Count me in! What a cool idea!! Also, I love that you're asking for emails because I can always use the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finally back after most of a month without internet. The bloghop sounds fun, but I'm not really much of a foodie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! I don't post on Fridays, but I'll definitely check out your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome ideas! I love sweets but the most I do in the kitchen is press the buttons on the microwave. Heh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - I saw your book in the BookDaily newsletter! I read the chapter sample and was very impressed. You're a great writer! Wishing you lots of sales! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea for your blogging schedule... I so need to have a similar plan too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun! And it's great to pay it forward when you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea, I think. Pay it forward and food. My favorite things. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love talking with friends new and old! What's on your mind?