Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday with the Marvelous and Magical Jen Daiker!

So, when I started planning my 100 followers celebration, I knew I wanted to interview Jen.  She was one of my very first followers - like, literally, I had 5 or something when suddenly she popped up.  I was so excited! Over the last few months I've met lots of other awesome folks and learned to navigate the waters of the blogosphere, but I'll always remember how she befriended me when I was brand spankin' new!

I imagine you already know Jen, because she has an awesome blog and I see her comments on blogs all over the place.  But, in case you aren't already acquainted with her, she's got a really fun, cool and addictive blog, so stop on by Unedited!


Let the interview begin!

What is your writing process?

For me it's simple. I get an idea and I write. I know several people outline, learn about their characters, make road maps. I'm not that way. A panster through and through. I write fast, but I revise slow.

Share a writing ‘aha’ moment with us, when you experienced a breakthrough or lesson of some sort.

The day I started blogging. I thought getting published was simple. Write a book, call a publisher. The aha moments have been each time I talk to a fellow writer and several authors. They always say it's tough, but they wouldn't change it for the world. Those are the moments I cherish.

How did you gain 1,000 followers in one year?

Everyone asks me that! They're hoping I have a secret, I often tell people it's the sparkle dust that's spread all over my blog, it's like a drug, draws you in and captivates you. Really I suppose it's hard work and dedication. I keep the blog 100% me, what I'd want to read, no matter how random. It seems to be working so far.

Which industry professionals are you most addicted to and why?

I'm not one that really follows the professionals, I ask those who are new in the industry what it's like. Fellow writers trying to get their big break, authors who've done and are to be published within a year or two. They seem to have a great understanding of the NOW. I heard them for it.

Tell us about your current project.

My current project is titled In The Mind of a Celebrity Stalker. It's about a 24 year old girl named Jules who has a complicated life, to cope she journals and since she is so ecentric she decides to talk to celebrities in which often times she takes things a little too far. There's love, hate, and just some outrageously fun moments in her life.

What is your MC's favorite cocktail (or other beverage)? Dessert?
 
For Jules she loves herself a martini, any flavor, all depends on her mood. Her dessert of choice would be Paula Deen's Apple Pie.
 
You rock, Jen! Thanks so much for stopping by and spreading the love.

The interviews continue on Wednesday, so pop on by to hear the latest from Jennifer Hillier!  Happy Monday, writer friends!

24 comments:

  1. Excellent interview. Thanks for doing it, Jen, and thanks for sharing it, Alexia. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these interviews. Thanks Jen and Alexia. I'll be back Wednesday for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her blog too! Great interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, congrats on 100 followers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview and congrats on 100 followers. When I got there I did a little dance. I am such a nerd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview. Jen befriended me when I was a newbie blogger, too! I love her blog, Unedited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well hello Jules dahhhling!!! I love me some Jen xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview! I loved reading this.

    Congratulations on 100+ Followers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She was one of my first too! I think I had, like 10 maybe when she was just PING! there!! I love Jen. She seriously rocks. GREAT interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great interview with a great writer and blogger. I don't know how Jen finds the time to write AND blog as much as she does :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a great interview! How cool that you were able to interview someone you've known in the blog world for such a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I love you all!!! I'm hoping that by me seeing you when you guys had few followers that's a good thing! You guys are awesome!!

    Thank you for hosting the fabulousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Alexia! Stopped by Jen's blog and became a follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great interview! I totally love Jen! She's an awesome writer and blogger and friend. And she has a killer creative mind!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "I write fast, but I revise slow." That's right; pantsers unite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome interview! I love Jen (she's one of my besties!) And I love learning more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're a really good interviewer. And Jen is a really good interviewee. It's like you two were meant to do this. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting interview.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore Jen! and this interview too!
    anyway, im new to the blog, hi! you have a really unique and interesting header. (okay, that was very random...)
    but yeah, nice blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great interview, ladies. Jen rocks!

    ReplyDelete

I love talking with friends new and old! What's on your mind?