Thursday, January 27, 2011

Simply Hot Blogfest!

All right, peeps! This is my third and final (for now) blogfest in the crazy fun blogfest triathlon!  But before I carry on ad naseum about my favorite mug, which believe me I will, I want to invite everyone to stop by on Saturday for my announcement of the lineup for my 100 followers celebration.  Come on by and help me kick off the party! We'll have some cocktails and it'll be grand.

Okay, so first, thank you Erica and Christy for such a fun idea for a blogfest! Stop on by their blog for more entries.  Here goes:

I am very particular about mugs.  I don't like anyone else to use my favorites and have been known to be snappish on the subject.  At home I mostly drink tea.  Green, Earl Grey, Spearmint, Chai, Chamomile, fruit or flower flavors.  All sorts.  Coffee is for work, or for when I run by a Starbucks or Borders or something, in which case it is more like a dessert than coffee.  It always cracks me up when they ask if I want whipped cream.  Um, yeah. Always.

My favorite mug was purchased at Starbucks, which is part of the reason I love it. Did you know that while they are an overpriced conglomerate, they are actually quite socially responsible?  I studied them once for a business class. They have really good fair trade and environmental policies, and have great benefits for their employees.  I sort of love the hell out of Starbucks. 

The second reason I love this mug is that it is roundish in shape.  Like my wineglasses, I like a fat, round shape.  It fits your hand better (and holds more, of course). Okay, this just got super anal retentive.  I mentioned I'm particular, right? This mug is also made out of recycled materials (high five environment).  And the final and main reason I love this mug (I know, finally, right?) is the word on the side, because my novel is about someone who's lived through a whole bunch of lifetimes.  So when I saw it I was instantly in love - simple, elegant, awesome.  Here it is:

I realize in the pic it doesn't look that round, but it is :)
And my second runner up is this one, because I love the artist, Laurel Burch, and it has horses (need I say more?):


So, if you're still reading, congrats and thanks for indulging my neurotic diatribe about mugs!  Pop over to
E & C's blog for more mug obsession :)

27 comments:

  1. This blogfest was such a cool, idea. I like your mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I have the exact same Starbucks mug! I love it, it's so huge and heavy and yes, ROUND.

    That proves it, we're soul mates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fave mug is round too. It holds the heat in better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great mugs! I think I like the first one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I like the size of the handle on the first one and the horses are very artistic on th erunner up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love special coffee mugs, but I'll drink coffee out of pretty much anything. This morning, I'm wishing coffee was intravenous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mugs with cool shapes-- so that Starbucks mug would be one of my faves, too, if I owned it! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are great, but the second image is beautiful.


    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I love your Starbucks mug! It's lovely! The other one is nifty too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great mugs - particularly like the horses one! And can't wait to see what you have cooked up for Saturday! Woo hoo to us and 100 - plus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the second mug, those horses are so cute, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The size and shape of a mug can absolutely make or break it for me, so I know what you mean. I love the horses mug! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got mugged, great sharing story...
    Jeremy
    [iZombie]

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your starbucks mug!! I've heard great things about them as a company as well. I've heard they treat their employees well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on 100 followers!

    I love your mugs and Starbucks (they do a decent soya decaf. LOL). Thanks for sharing!

    My Mug

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite mug depicts the space opera, Firefly. My 2nd favorite has starry night on it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favourite mug is a giant red one. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never actually been to a Starbucks (yes, I'm aware I'm the only one in the world who hasn't), but I have heard that they treat their employees extraordinarily well. I didn't even KNOW you could put whip cream on coffee (ponders whether she's going to try it or not...)!!

    Thanks so much for participating, it's fun to get a peek at everyone's tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool mugs. I have several personal favorites, but the ones I seem to use the most are my Christmasy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So great when you can find something that holds such strong meaning for you. I like them both, but the ponies are my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're right! The starbucks mug is FAB. I love well shaped ones too and it's good to have things that are responsible too, you know?

    Like, the Uni campus shops here are overpriced too but I don't mind (in fact sometimes enjoy) buying things from them because they make a point of being entirely fairtrade and (mostly) organic shops. It's nice to have shops that think about these things.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool mug! I often get seduced to buy things when I walk into Starbucks. They have such neat stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love chamomile tea. And what a lovely mug!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are both fantastic! Round mugs are the best I have to agree. As a horse lover I really like your second mug though!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What gorgeous mugs! :O)

    ReplyDelete

I love talking with friends new and old! What's on your mind?