Monday, October 26, 2020

Happy Book Birthday for A War of Daisies!

Happy book birthday to A War of Daisies, which launches my Four Horsewomen of the Apocalypse series!! It's my 13th published book, but a first in many ways. My first fantasy western, my first book set in the 1800s, my first book with four main characters (that was a fun challenge), the first book I've released in hard copy, and the first for which I've made a live-action book trailer. It's Westworld meets Good Omens with a feminist twist. Cowgirls and angels and demons. Horses and six-shooters and cross-country races. A super fun time.

One of my early reviewers said, "If you don't enjoy complex stories of women in patriarchal societies navigating different cross sections of identity, sex, and race...well, I'm afraid I can't help you there, and neither can Chamberlynn. A War of Daisies reads like a western and is structured like a high fantasy epic. The author unapologetically shows the darker, racist, misogynistic side of the old west, giving us a leading cast of women that provides expertly woven, multipolar character arcs."

Anyway, have a glass of champagne with me! Super stoked.

P.S. If you missed said live-action book trailer, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BEtv2wC0zg




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking with friends new and old! What's on your mind?