Monday, October 11, 2010

Begin the Begin

For any of you R.E.M. fans out there, you'll recognize my title as the name of one of their songs.  I was listening to it yesterday, and I really felt like it was meaningful for where I am right now.  I'm at the beginning of the beginning.  No matter what path I go down with my first book, I'm at the beginning.  The plan is for that beginning to be getting an agent and getting published and starting a kick butt career.  Of course, there are a multitude of other options, too, which I won't get too bogged down about now.  Maybe later - ha!

I got another rejection today, but I'm still feeling pretty good.  I suppose I might start to panic a bit if I get through the remaining 15 or so on my list, but for the moment I'm cool.  It only takes one person to like my work.  I don't need all of the New York agents to get in a hot cat fight over my novel, though of course I've fantasized about it.  Snicker.

Anywho, on a personal note my son rode his bike for the first time yesterday without training wheels, and it was a very exciting day.  He'd fallen down quite a bit in the few times we'd practiced before and seemed no closer to discovering his balance than he was when he started, then all of the sudden he had it.  Super neat.

1 comment:

  1. Hi *waves* I'm a new follower! Your blog is awesome!!!

    I'm sorry you got a rejection letter. I'm not at that stage right now but I know I'll need a ton of support when I get there... it's not easy I'm sure!! I've written 2 novels and currently they're both in revisions (which I'm still learning) You're so right about the beginning of the beginning!!!

    Feel free to stop by my blog and say hi! I'd love to have you!

    ReplyDelete

I love talking with friends new and old! What's on your mind?