Top 10 Writing Experiences of 2010
10. Learning the joys of editing, editing and more editing. And by joys I mean brain-scrambling masochism.
9. Learning how to write a query letter and synopsis and properly format sample pages.
8. Having the guts to put myself out there, and learning from my query mistakes.
7. Reading Janet Reid’s Query Shark blog in its entirety (like several hundred blog posts but worth every bit of time it took).
6. Choosing my top pick agent as my first query to send, getting rejected and crying my heart out. Followed by significant amounts of comfort food.
5. Growing a thick skin from that one rejection (putting on my big girl pants).
4. Getting a partial request from an agent!
3. Getting rejected on the partial request, but getting feedback that validated my own thoughts on the weak points of the book, thus leading to the biggest rewrite of them all.
2. Starting this blog and getting to know all of you awesome writers!
1. Finishing my first whole novel!
Here’s to a 2011 with writing dreams fulfilled for us all!